Thursday 10 March 2011

Nice Little Places in Barrio del Carmen, Valencia: Taverna Cavallers

This little tavern is located on Calle Caballeros, near Valencia's medieval cathedral. I passed by this place in the afternoon, and decided to have a look that evening after dinner.


It is a small tapas bar which serves cold snacks, seafood tapas and other side dishes to go with wines and drinks. Since I am not fond of any seafood or fish, and my favourite artichoke tapas were not available, I settled for a cup of hot tea instead.


The place is fairly small, with just a couple of tables and a wall full of wine bottles and cured serrano hams. I love cured Iberian hams with some red wine, and can feast on them days on end. I even stock them in my fridge and use them as mid-night snacks.






The place becomes busier as the night goes on, as the locals turn up to have their evening tapas following a busy night out in town.  


I would have loved to try out some of the red wines available on the wine list, but as only two types of wines are available as house wines in a glass, while the rest are only available if you order the whole bottle, I guess I would have to come back with a bigger group of people if I want to try out some local flavours.

Calle Caballeros, 23
46001 Valencia
Spain

Copyrights@2011. All text and photos by YC Cheng. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment